The Major Jake has already been atop numerous podiums with both Kerry Werner and Rebecca Fahringer both riding it to the top multiple times throughout the 2019 CX Season. A full carbon frame and fork paired with 700x33c Maxxis All Terrane tires, the SRAM Rival 1x drivetrain, comfy Velo Shock-Proof bar tape and hydraulic disc brakes make this bike a race-ready weapon out of the box.
- Kona Carbon: Designed to be lightweight and built to demanding standards. Carbon fiber has long been praised for its weight and strength, but rather than chase grams, Kona place their efforts on the performance that is possible when the right high-modulus fibers are in the right places.
- Internal Headset: Bearing cups are actually pressed into the frame and are easily removable. An internal headset also reduces stack height, so the height of the stem and bars are more adjustable, giving the rider the best fit possible.
- Tapered Head Tube: More girth at the bottom of the head tube better distributes shock force, prolonging the bearing life of the headset itself and eliminating brake shudder, while providing confident steering performance.
- Tubeless Compatible Rims: Tubeless rims allow for tires with more puncture resistance; the ability to run lower tire pressure, which provides better tire grip on the trail; lower rolling resistance; and weight savings over traditional tube and tire systems.
- 12x142mm Axle: 12x142mm, 12x148 and 12x157 rear axle standards provide two major advantages to the Kona rider: the 12mm diameter of the rear axle provides the rear hub and frame with a stiff interface, while the 142/148/157mm outer diameter of the hub allows the wheel to be quickly and properly positioned in the frame before the rear axle is inserted.
Cross/Roads with Kerry Werner and the Major Jake
- Frame Material: Kona Race Light Carbon
- Sizes: 52cm
- Fork: Kona Full Carbon Flat mount CX Race Disc
- CrankArms: Sram Force 1
- ChainRings: 40t
- B/B: SRAM GXP PF
- Chain: SRAM PC1110
- FreeWheel: SRAM PG1130 11-36t 11spd
- Derailuer: SRAM Rival
- Shifters: SRAM Rival
- Brake Calipers: SRAM Rival
- Front Brake Rotor: SRAM Centerline 160mm
- Rear Brake Rotor: SRAM Centerlin 160mm
- Brake Levers: SRAM Rival
- Headset: FSA No.57SC
- Handlebar: Kona Road Light
- Stem: Kona Road Deluxe
- Seatpost: Kona Thumb w/Offset 31.6mm
- Seat Clamp: Kona Clamp
- Grips: Velo Shock-Proof Bar Tape
- Saddle: WTB SL8
- Front Hub: Formula 100x12mm
- Rear Hub: Formula 142x12mm
- Spokes: Stainless Black 14g
- Rims: WTB KOM Light Team i23 TCS 2.0
- Front Tire: Maxxis All Terrane EXO TR Dual 700x33c
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Alll Terrane EXO TR Dual 700x33c
- Paint Colour: Dark Green & Slime decals