Log in if you have an account
Dont have an account? Register
- Tubeless Ready Road Racing Tire
- Carbon Fiber Bead
- One70 Technology
- TR Tires provide the rider with many benefits: the ability to run lower air pressures, which improves traction; lower rolling resistance when compared to a tube-type tire; and less chance of flatting since there is no tube. Maxxis Tubeless Ready (TR) tires provide the benefits of a UST tubeless tire without the weight penalty. Liquid sealants should only be used in the following types of tires: Tubeless Road, Tubular, and Tubeless Ready. The use of liquid sealants in any other Maxxis tire will void the warranty.
- Tubeless technology that combines a carbon fibre bead for strength and a lightweight butyl inner liner for air retention to eliminate the need for an inner tube. The puncture protection layer helps prevent damage from road debris. Liquid sealant may be used to prevent any loss of air pressure. Choose Maxxis tubeless ready road tires for the ultimate road experience.
- An extra piece of butyl rubber that extends from the bead of a tyre up into the sidewall. The butyl insert helps prevent pinch flats, protects the rim from hard hits and adds sidewall stability.
- SilkShield offers protection from bead to bead whereas Silkworm is found under the tread only. SilkShield provides an additional level of protection for sidewalls as well as under the tread.
- Threads Per Inch (TPI) The number of threads that cross through one square inch of a single ply of the tire’s casing. Lower
- TPI gives better puncture, cut and abrasion resistance but is heavier. Higher TPI conforms better to the terrain, offering a smoother, more comfortable ride while reducing the weight of the tire. Maxxis TPI ratings are the threads-per-inch of a single casing ply, as compared to some competitor TPI ratings.
- The most important part of a tire is arguably the rubber compound within the tread. By changing the amounts of various components of the rubber formula, engineers can make two identical looking tires perform completely differently.This tyre uses Dual Compound - Two compounds used within the tread of select tires to offer lower rolling resistance and increased cornering grip.
- A flexible material with greater strength to withstand the forces exerted by a high-pressure road tire.
- Foldable beads also keep the tire secured to the rim but are lighter weight and easily transported. The bead is made of spun aramid or Kevlar® fibres